Sunday, July 13, 2008

SPRINKLER FUN





Before I get started with today's blog, I thought I would give you all another chance to see Audrey's handywork, oh, I mean, Abby's black eye.




Okay, on to today's activities. The day started with church - we did not last long, though. For some reason, Abby was having none of it this morning. A little birdy was sent to find me during the service to inform me that Abby was less than happy and had been that way for about 30 minutes. Oh, well, whatcha gonna do? I figure that's something Abby and the Good Lord are going to have to work out on their own....


This afternoon was filled with good old fashioned redneck fun - you know - playing in the sprinklers. Country come to town at our house - we have a sprinkler system. Some would say it is to water the yard and keep it beautiful. At the Seney house, it's for a 4-year-old and her crazy momma to run around and play in. The scene was complete with daddy taking pictures and grandma watching from the rocking chair in her Sunday-goin-to-meetin' clothes. Too bad Abby was not able to join in on the family fun - she was taking a much needed nap. As Audrey and I said..."You snooze - you lose."

We next headed to supper at Poppa and Honey's - aka Tia Maria's. Bless Audrey's little heart - she thinks the name of the restaurant is "Poppa and Honey's" because we eat nearly every Sunday with them at Tia Maria's.


The day ended in somewhat of a disturning way - at least to me - Audrey and Caleb watching "Camp Rock" on the Disney channel. No 4 year-old should be watching that show and no 31 year-old man should either.


I love my family! Goodnight.

4 comments:

Lora said...

SO FUNNY-Tia Maria's is Poppas & Honeys! Your Dad takes the cake when it comes to OCD. He is over the top!

Caleb Seney said...

Where is the pic of you on the slide? Audrey loves her some Mommy!

Charlane said...

Please say hi to your family... I remember the Poppa lunch times in college. Wasn't it fun to broke in school? ha! ha!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Y'all need a slip n' slide! Or an Alligator Mile!