Friday, July 11, 2008

PAJAMA DAY!


Today was declared "pajama day" at the Seney household - at least for the little Seneys. Today the biggest of the small's and the smallest of the small's (aka Audrey and Abby) had a break from Ms. Shelly - why she needs a day off from babysitting is a mystery to me(haha)! Caleb and I took turns staying home with the girls. I had morning duty - turned out to be a pretty good shift. Caleb was very quiet dressing and leaving the house. I woke to the sound of little feet pitter-pattering down the hall to my room. It was Audrey. She asked of she could play with the "leap-the-frog" (small computer-like device actually known as a leapfrog). I told her sure and to get in the bed with me. The next thing I know Audrey is asking for her breakfast (I am too embarrassed to write what it consists of - someone may turn me into the nutrition police). I make myself get out of the bed and head to the kitchen - I look at the clock and it is 10:00 AM!! Panic sets in - "why isn't Abby up?" I rush to her room and she is still sleeping like a baby (I guess because she is one). For those of you without small children - it is UNHEARD OF for babies/kids to sleep so late!!! She ended up sleeping until 10:30. Caleb came home at lunch so I could go to work for the afternoon. Right before leaving work, I call home to check. Caleb says, "Be prepared - the house is just as you left it. I have not cleaned a thing and the girls are still in their pajamas." For some reason, it did not even bother me! I came home and by 5:05 I had my pj's on, too.

8 comments:

Caleb Seney said...

Don't you wish it were socially acceptable to where PJs to work? If Friday's are casual, then mondays should be Pajama Day!

Lora said...

What a sweet day with 2 sweet babies. Nothing wrong at all with PJ day. Maybe I should give myself permission to try that someday.

adrian seney said...

Aunt Lora, YES, you should try PJ day! I don't know if you could, though!!!

Jen Smith said...

ahhhhh....pjs and sleeping late. when do i get to do that? :)

Ann Miller said...

wow...you really did it!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you are blogging!

...McSeney?

Charlane said...

I love PJ days. I am in my PJs right now and it's 1pm on Saturday.

adrian seney said...

Camille - my husband is a very strange creature. Apparently he goes by McSeney online. I don't try to understand him - I just accept him!!!