Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poo-Wee or Wee-Poo....Which Ever You Prefer


Abby has many obsessions these days, one of which is the toilet. I know, that is disgusting, but you like what you like. We have to be very careful to keep the lid down, or better yet, the bathroom door closed. Normally, Abby is a little wobbly on her feet, unless she sees an open bathroom door and then she suddenly becomes Steve Prefontaine (for those of you who do not know, Mr. Prefontaine was/is the greatest track runner in history - right Lora and Camille?). She takes off and there is no stopping her. Caleb and I try, but without luck.....the only thing Audrey can do is scream in horror....the scream is special and if we here it, we know what has or is about to occur. Also, as if planned, Abby has something (usually special to her or her sister) in her hand. Abby's first dip (not tobacco, but actually dipping special objects in the toilet) was horrifying to Audrey. You see, Audrey has a special pink teddy bear (Rosette pronounced RosAtte) that her special cousin Elisha gave her. One day, Abby developed a deep love for RosAtte and Audrey graciously allowed Abby to "adopt" her, with visitation rights, of course. Well, one Sunday afternoon, Caleb and I hear a horrible shreak, we run to find Abby "dipping" RosAtte in the toilet with one hand and flushing with the other. Very traumatic for everyone involved - not to worry, RosAtte survived after a good spin in the Whirlpool. That brings me to the happenings of today. Caleb had to work late, so I had the girls by myself. We were in the back (our bedroom has somehow become the family hangout). The girls were playing and laughing as I was doing very important business (you know, surfing the internet). Audrey says, "Momma, I need to potty." Okay, I say and get up to open the door and turn on the light for her. A few minutes pass and I notice Audrey is out of the bathroom and playing again with Abby. In the back of my mind, I think something is not quite right, but am quickly distracted again by my "important business." Out of no where, I suddenly here the horrible shreak, as quickly as I can, I get to the bathroom, just in time to see Abby stick her hand in the toilet and bring out a fist full of "wee-poo" that was "poo-wee." After thinking back, I realized I never heard Audrey flush the toilet or shut the bathroom door - maybe I should do less "important business" and more paying attention. In the words of my sister Ann, "oh, well, whatcha gonna do?"

3 comments:

Lora said...

I AM STILL LAUGHING!!!!I am not sure I would have told that & I am sure Abby will be VERY UNHAPPY someday that you put this on the world wide web.

Euro-Sammie said...

I can hardly type...I have tears in my eyes, and my yoga sore abs are screaming like Audrey must do.... that is the funniest one yet...

I suggest you print that up on small cards and hand them out to Abby's boyfriends each and every time they come to take her out on a date...

she will hate Al Gore for even "Inventing" the world Wide Web in the first place...

keep up the blogging... I need my daily Seney fix.

Miss and love you all
Sammie

PS
you must be so proud of her motor skill development dipping and flushing all at once.....WOW

Caleb Seney said...

that is our little "Poops McCracken."