Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SPARKY

Sparky came out of his house (Abby's closet) a few evenings ago to visit with us. He does not come out often (he sleeps ALOT, according to Caleb), so it's always a treat. Sparky is a puppet with a lot of history. I am not sure how old Sparky is, but I know he's in the double digits (x7 because he is a dog).

Caleb inherited Sparky from his parents. Caleb's dad was Sparky for years for the children's ministry at their church. When Mr. Seney passed away, Sparky was handed down to Caleb. There were only a handful of occassions that I was fortunate enough to spend time with Caleb's dad. From those times and from all the stories Caleb tells, I am certain Caleb is just like his father was....a big kid! Caleb is so much fun to be around and is one of the funniest people I have ever met....and I know where he got it from.

Audrey particularly enjoyed this most recent visit from Sparky. Abby, not so much. Audrey even "read" a story to Sparky. Abby was not really interested in Sparky. I don't think she was scared of him, just indifferent. She stayed in the room, but just ignored Sparky, Caleb and Audrey. Instead, she played with her toys.

Hopefully, Sparky will come out again soon. He's a fun dog to hang out with!

Sparky talking to Audrey
Abby on her zebra, totally ignoring Sparky

Audrey "reading" to Sparky

Abby, still playing and still ignoring




6 comments:

Caleb Seney said...

Excuse me, but is that Abby or Carol Brady? I do love it when Sparky comes to visit.

Lora said...

How wonderful that Caleb is carrying on the family tradition! The girls will always remember "Sparky" and his fame will be spread someday to their children.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Aw that's pretty sweet how Audrey is reading to Sparky...

Elisha Leigh said...

I'm baaaack!!
Dad has several things he keeps "kept away." It makes it all the much more special when he brings them out!
PS- Abby's hair is getting LONG! I like it.

Ann Miller said...

i hate to have to be the one to tell y'all...but, sparky called me today. apparently, he is not sleeping in the closet. there is a whole other family in there that he lives with and plays with. he said if you would allow him to visit more often, you might would know.

Mary Seney said...

I love that Caleb is carrying on the tradition of Sparky...and you're right, Adrian, Caleb is just like our Dad........seeing Sparky makes me miss him even more. We have so many amazing childhood memories with that puppet. Love you guys!