Thursday, November 13, 2008

AUDREY UPDATE

Isn't she fancy?? This little girl is almost too much...you never really know what you are going to get!

I found out about the secret Santa gift. The elf she received is named Henry and he is supposed to watch over kids and report back to Santa....you know, pretty much bribery. So, I tell Audrey about Henry and what he does. She is excited and is smiling really big and then says, "sure Mom, we can PRETEND he is watching me, but he really isn't because he is not real." Well, I guess she was right. Later in the evening she tells me that Henry is watching me and Caleb, too, so we better be nice if we want presents. Well, tonight she told me that she has already talked with Henry and she knows what she can and cannot do. She told me Henry told her she can read books in her bed after bedtime - she just cannot make a lot of noise.

During our Henry talk, she asked me how Santa knows all the names of all the kids in the world. Well, I gave one of my two usual responses..."I don't know." (my other response is usually "go ask your dad"). She thought for a minute and then said that he must get a list from the Lord or that the Lord sends Santa to a special school to learn them. Too funny!!

By the way, sweet Abby does not have an ear infection. Her daddy took her to the doctor on Wednesday and diagnosed her with a cold. I think she is feeling better. She slept great last night.

4 comments:

Caleb Seney said...

Maybe Santa learned all those names from Professor Von Drakes?

Lori said...

Isnt it funny what they can come up with? Glad Abby is better.

Lora said...

What an imagination! I think it comes with a Montessori education. Glad Abby is on the mend-nothing sadder than a sick baby!

Ann Miller said...

i hope krenry doesn't find out about henry...could be big trouble on the horizon...