Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TWO STORIES

Story One:
Tonight I decided to clean Abby's closet. You know, put up all the spring and summer and get out all the fall and winter. It is a task because I have tubs and tubs of clothes that belonged to Audrey and Emma that are being passed down to Abby (Camille, if y'all have a girl, you are in luck...so many precious girl clothes that I would LOVE to pass down to you). Abby only has on a diaper because I am trying things on her as I go. I get to a point where I am through trying things on her. I suddenly realize she is so quiet (not good), I look over and she has found the Little Swimmers from this summer (Aunt Lora, they are diapers for swimming). She has them up and down each leg. Caleb, Audrey and I cracked up!! This kept her entertained for about 30 minutes.

The first picture is her putting them on and the second picture is her attempting to walk with them. She would get soooo frustrated when she would walk and they would slide down her legs.

Story Two:
Tonight Audrey sat beside me on the couch as I read the Ruston Daily Loser, oh, I mean Leader. On the back page was an advertisment that featured pictures of money. The following is the exact conversation that took place.
Audrey: "Momma, look at all that cash."
Me: "How do you know about cash?"
Audrey: "I hear you and Daddy talk about it ALL THE TIME when you AREN"T talking to me. You know, you always tell Daddy you don't have any when he asks if he can have some."

6 comments:

The Tylers said...

Your children are precious! And I am glad to know others have a name for the Daily disappointment..as it is called in our family:)

Caleb Seney said...

90% is caught and 10% is taught......scary thought huh?

BTW - Do you have any cash?

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yes, pleeeeeease save those until we know the sex, please please please! You dress those girls so cute! Plus, I have a sneaky, sneaking suspicion...
Well, actually I have no idea what the sex is but still...

Lora said...

OK-I am not TOTALLY out of touch-I have grands-so I know what Swimmers are. YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO HAVE SWIMMERS-back in the old days......

Uncle Bob never has anything but a $100-so he asks me for cash since he doesn't want to break his $100-A PLOY I TELL YOU!

Jen Smith said...

Hahaha....too funny! what a card!

Elisha Leigh said...

Sponge!! They get cuter with every story. Poor precious Audrey! I was very glad I got to see her but hope she felt better this afternoon!