Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FOR CAMILLE

Camille is having a baby!! Well, she already has one, sorta. He goes by the name Powers. No, I have not ever met Powers, but I feel like I know him.....he is VERY popular on the world wide web. We have all heard stories about him and have seen many pictures of him. I think Adam and Camille may be a little concerned about how he will adjust to the new (human) baby that will be here before we know it.

Caleb and I had the same concerns before Audrey was born. Grover was our baby. He was born September 1, 2003 and he came to live with us near the end of October. When he was a puppy I carried him on my hip like a baby (I know, kinda weird)! He lived inside and slept in our bed (sorry if that freaks some of you out). Audrey was born the following July. I was so worried about Grover. When we brought Audrey home, we put her carrier on the floor and allowed Grover to sniff and lick her. He would even look at her sleeping in her crib (sorry, I can't find the disk the picture is on). He was never aggressive towards her. As she got older and could sit and eat in her high chair, we would catch her sharing her food with Grover.

Grover is still with us, but he lives outside now. Don't worry, he is fine and loves his huge back yard. His sleeping area is heated in the winter and cooled in the summer....he has it made. Even though he isn't inside anymore, Audrey still refers to him as her brother.

The below picture is Grover with Emma when she was about 9 months old. It is one of the most precious pictures ever! Emma still likes Grover, but from a distance and through a glass door!

4 comments:

Caleb Seney said...

Poor Mr. Rover Groney..... I think I will go play with doot-doot! We definitely need to find that pic of "Go-Go" checking on Aud in her crib.

Elisha Leigh said...

I hate it that Buster busted out, but that is such a sweet picture.
Congrats, Caleb! You beat me to it!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Aw, that's so encouraging! Thanks friend. Grover sounds a lot like Powers!!!

Lora said...

Powers will be fine. He has accepted each and everyone of us as we were introduced to him. I know Camille appreciates the encouragement.