Sunday, October 12, 2008

I HAVE BECOME MY FATHER (It is so disturbing to just type those words)

A childhood memory I (and I am sure my brother and sister) will never forget is my dad taking pictures. Easter Sunday is the time I remember most. The sessions always started out beautifully. Three precious children dressed in their Sunday best and a proud father with a 35 mm camera in hand (and a polaroid). By the time it was over, all three kids were crying and dad was ready to disown us.

Today at church, I had more than one person tell me that I needed to take the girl's picture because they looked so cute in their matching dresses. I did just that. As soon as we were home from church, the photo shoot began.

Audrey was the only willing participant. Abby wanted none of it and would only stop crying and screaming if she was in her red car, so most of the pictures are with her in the car.

We relived history today. By the time we were done, both kids were crying and I was mad (and sweating in the humidity).

I can remember telling myself, "I will never do the things to my kids that my parents did to me." Guess I spoke too soon.

Enjoy the pictures!




































5 comments:

Elisha Leigh said...

Hahah! I love the last one; it's priceless! When they're older, you'll all look back through pictures and laugh histarically. Until then, I hope the photo shoots go a little smoother. I can remember picture after picture after picture (after church) like it was yesterday. 0

Lora said...

TOO FUNNY-Fact of life-IF WE LIVE LONG ENOUGH-we become our parents. ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!Scarey thought for me!

The girls did indeed look precious at church this AM.

Caleb Seney said...

I think Abby needs some "spinners" on that cozy coupe!!!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Those red car pictures are hilarious!!!

Ann Miller said...

NEWS FLASH---------YOU WERE DADDY LONG BEFORE THIS INCIDENT!!! AS IF YOU DID NOT KNOW...