Saturday, March 28, 2009

Family Shopping Day

We should know better by now. Maybe aliens came and took our brains away? Whatever the reason, the Seney's did something very crazy today...all four of us went shopping (and LiLi, too) without Abby having her nap. WHAT WERE WE THINKING??? I admit, I have done this before and told myself I never would again, but CALEB, too?? He earned A LOT of points today, people. What a great man he is!!

Our crazy outing started with a stop at LifeWay bookstore. Audrey and Caleb are reading the Chronicles of Narnia and are ready for book 6, "The Silver Chair". LifeWay did not have it in hardback and Caleb did not want paperback, so we left.

We then went to Target. Is it really Christmas and I just don't know. I believe that everyone in the twin cities was at Target. Regardless, we pressed on. Caleb (God love him) entertained the girls while mom and I looked. I wanted to see if I could find some cute sandels or flip flops for the girls and look to see if I could find Audrey some skorts. The child is OBSESSED with skorts, skirts and dresses. She was patient enough this morning while I tried on all her clothes from last summer and some hand-me-downs we were given. The verdict was...NOT ENOUGH SKORTS. Well, we didn't find any at Target. I then remembered the Children's Place in the mall. I do not shop there often (because it is in the evil Pecanland Mall), but thought I might be able to find a skort.

What else is at the mall? Yes, the carosel. After LiLi spent half of her retirement savings on tokens, we boarded. Audrey had fun and LiLi stayed with her. Abby also had fun, so much so that she screamed louder than I have ever heard her when it was time to get off. I had to pry her legs and then hands off the zebra...she drew quite a bit of attention to us...thanks, Abby.


After the ride, we made our way down the mall in search of skorts. Again, Caleb came to the rescue and offered to take the girls to the fountain while LiLi and I shopped. We did find a skort and a skirt with matching tops and a few items for Abby as well.
The day of shopping ended with supper at IHOP. Can you really go wrong there? I think not. I love the harvest grain and nut pancakes. They now have them with blueberries baked in and topped with bananas. YUMMY!!
We all survived, but barely.
GOOD NIGHT!!!

3 comments:

Lora said...

You are ALL brave brave souls!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I'm going to remember this one... no shopping without the naptime. Got it.

Hannah Lee said...

Both of our children act the same way...Abby I mean. #1- No nap for baby means no fun for child AND parents. #2- We created the same fuss when we tried to pry Jackson off the carosel as well. Adrian we are quickly approaching the questionable 2 stages. What will we do?