Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EASTER SUNDAY


I LOVE this picture, which is surprising because typically I HATE any picture that has my face in it. I have learned to look past my selfish ways, though, because look how genuinely happy all three of us are in this picture.
Easter morning started out a little rough....kids slept late, ate chocolate bunnies for breakfast, and both had a meltdown before we made it to church. Honestly, we didn't even make it to the service. We teach 3rd and 4th grade Sunday School and there is a 9:00 service for the teachers...we just could not make it! We did make it in time to teach, but did not take any pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. By the time we got home from church, we were all starving and my attempt at a photo shoot did not go well. We were going to go to Springhill, but the weather was yucky ans we just didn't want to get out with both girls.
The day did get better. After lunch, we had a LONG nap and then we all just hung out and played. The girls and I were laying on our bed and watching bits and pieces of "The Sound of Music" when Caleb took our picture.
So, the only picture you will see of our Easter is this one. It is genuine. It is my favorite. I love my precious girls like nothing I could have ever imaged. I thank God for sending his Son to die for our sins. I thank God for his forgiving heart. I also thank God for entrusting us with these two precious miracles. I thank Him for allowing us to share our lives with them everyday. I pray that we, as parents, will do everything we can to raise them in a way that is pleasing to God.

6 comments:

The Tylers said...

What a sweet post and even SWEETER picture! That is a great one!

Lora said...

YOU are all PRECIOUS in His sight! LOVE THAT PIC!

Hannah Lee said...

You are such a sweet sweet person! On top of that, you have two gorgeous healthy girls that are precious! Love the post!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

That is a really sweet pictures- y'all look so much alike you cutie heads!!

Caleb Seney said...

My girls....I could just sop you up with biscuit! GRAVY! I tell you, GRAVY!

Ann Miller said...

sweet baby...and the girls, too! i love you and glad you had a poojam day!!