Saturday, December 13, 2008

Not Very Smart

Well, I was not very smart today. I took both girls to Target and Abby had not napped. Thank goodness LiLi was with us.......she was very helpful! Audrey and Abby love their LiLi and it had been about a week and a half (that is long for us) since we had seen her. Audrey requested we all go to Target together. Isn't she a little bit young to already love Target?? Abby actually didn't get fussy until the check-out line (thankfully). She slept on the way home and I left Audrey at LiLi's so they could have some "private time" as Audrey said.

Before we left, I wanted to get a few pictures of the girls in their precious Christmas shirts that Mrs. Shelly (our wonderful babysitter) made for them. Of course, neither would cooperate and by the time I gave up, I think I might have had a bit of rage built up inside me and sweat on my brow. I agree that is RIDICULOUS! But I just don't understand why they can't sit on the hearth (or as Audrey calls it the Grouchy) and smile at the camera.....if only it were that easy!!

Below are the pictures, but of course, you cannot see their shirts. Thanks, girls!







7 comments:

Caleb Seney said...

That last picture cracks me up...Abby's look conveys a sense of curious disapproval of whatever Audrey is looking at.

TARGET! Better you than me. I will stick to playing Santa for all my "special" friends!

Deb said...

I hope you take good vitamins. I am the mother of one child and I remember going shopping with him. (he loved to hide in the center of the round clothes racks)...anyway, it was always an adventure, so with two it probably is twice the fun! Bless you...

Lori said...

Well it must have been a not very smart day for us too. We took AJ to the mall to try to see Santa, but the line was way too long and then Santa had to have his break, so we finally left.

Lora said...

The secret to those pics you want is to act like you DON'T REALLY WANT TO make their picture. Make it their idea and grudgingly go along-IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT WHO IS IN CONTROL with our kids!

Ann Miller said...

precious angels...i wonder where they get that special knack for aggravation...

Laura said...

Oh, I can SO sympathize with you!! My three and a half year old will NOT cooperate when it comes to pictures. I should have known when we had our 3-D ultrasound and she wouldn't let us see her sweet face that it was ON!! Hi! I'm Laura and I found your blog through Lora. Come visit me when you get the chance!

Elisha Leigh said...

Cutie pie pics.
And who doesn't love Target?!?!