Tuesday, January 4, 2011

CHRISTMAS and STUFF

We had a really wonderful Christmas, but I am sorta glad it is over. Caleb and I both took off the two weeks that the kids were out of school. We stayed up late, woke up late, ate a bunch of junk, napped, skipped workouts, watched movies.....we had fun!!! Monday it was hard to get back in the swing of things.

Audrey and her DSi (pink, of course)

Abby and her cash register


So, Sunday morning I wake up with the worst pain in between my shoulder blades radiating up to my shoulders. Horrible!! By Monday morning, it was worse, so I went to the doctor. After talking with him some, I realized the source of my injury....the wii. How pitiful is that??!! I consider myself pretty healthy and exercise regularly, but a few rounds of wii tennis and bowling brought me to my knees!!!! I left with steroids, muscle relaxers and pain medicine. Pretty sad, huh??? Needless to say, my exercise routine has gone down the drain, but I think I am ready to start back. I was looking for something to help me get motivated. Caleb and I have decided to do the Crescent City Classic 10k. My sister and I did it in 2006, so surely I can do it again. I have printed off the training schedule and will start in the morning...woohoo!! Even if we can't jog it, we can walk it. I am excited about it and look forward to Caleb and I doing it together. It is Easter weekend and I am sure I can find someone (hint, hint) in South Louisiana to keep the girls!!



2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Not to worry, you aren't the only one to fall off the fitness bandwagon! Every muscle in my body is hurting from resuming my runs after a month off. Good luck training. Next week is supposed to be COLD:(!!

Ann Miller said...

apparently i'm way more exercise tolerant than you b/c my hours on the wii have left me w/o pain! of course, the only thing we've been playing is mario kart!!
bring me my girls for easter!!!!