Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Weekend

The weekend did not get off to a good start. Audrey came home from sick from school Thursday. We went to the doctor Friday morning. She had strep throat. Poor baby! She was pitiful. Instead of giving her an oral antibiotic, she got a shot....thank goodness!! Neither of my girls have ever been given an injection at Green Clinic. Always oral. I'm not sure if it because she is getting older or if it was because of the look on the doctor's face when she looked at Audrey's throat!! Anyway, she was fever free by Saturday morning so this morning she was 24 hours fever free and able to go to church and visit with cousins. Yea!!

We went by Andrew and Ashley's house because Mom was going to be there. Mom has come over almost every Sunday since Audrey was born, but now she can switch between my house and Andrew's house. BTW, I didn't let Audrey hold or even TOUCH Julia...I know she is no longer contagious, but I just wanted to be on the safe side.

We had fun. Audrey and Madeline played Twister for awhile. Well, Madeline was interested for about a second, but Audrey played by herself. She didn't know the difference and I am not sure she would have cared if she had.

Audrey and Madeline

Just Audrey


Abby helped LiLi spin for Audrey


Not long after, Abby and Madeline got out a lot of stuffed animals so they could play. Silly girls!
BTW, Audrey and I have come to an agreement on the bows. She will wear one to church and other times she has to "dress up." I guess I can live with that. Also, she is going to grow out her hair until her dance recital and then we are CUTTING IT OFF!!




1 comment:

Ann Miller said...

be careful...we might get used to regular posts...
i'm so glad aud feels better! maybe you can have a talk w/emma about her hair situation. if aud's pony measures 7", she can donate it to locks of love.
i love y'all!!!