Saturday, July 16, 2011

Friday Night Bath

Last night was a turning point at the Seney House. Since Tuesday night, things just haven't been "right." It just didn't feel right. Ya know? We were at the ER all evening Tuesday, Abby was with the Allen's (thank God) and Caleb and I were both scared, worried, stressed, tired and the list goes on and on. The "unrightness" continued Wednesday (I was home from work, Abby had the stomach bug and Audrey had her splint and sling). The day was weird and we could all feel it. The weirdness continued on Thursday.

Friday was better. Caleb stayed home and I went to work. I had a pretty productive day. When I got home, Caleb cooked supper and we ate. Then I bathed the girls (yes, it is true...they had not been bathed since Monday; DON'T JUDGE). What a difference a bath makes!! Of course, we couldn't wash Audrey's hair because the splint can't get wet and I was too lazy to figure out a way to do it. Instead we used dry shampoo that doesn't require water. It wasn't too bad. Audrey and I agree it stinks, but it made some difference. Thankfully, Audrey has beautiful, thick hair. It just doesn't get greasy nor does it look yucky. I think the short cut helps, too.

After bath time, the girls just seemed happier. Things started feeling "right" again. It was also a turning point in how I feel about Audrey's arm. I all of a sudden knew everything was going to be OKAY. She is fine!! Just a couple of broken bones, that's all.

So thankful for a Friday night bath.

I love this little family. My girls are precious and my husband is strong and steady.

Thank you, God, for your many blessings.

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

Glad all is getting better! I'll say some prayers that the road to recovery continues:).

Anonymous said...

i bet there's a nice fresh smell too!! i love you and i'm glad things are looking up...amazing what a little soap and a little prayer can do...

ajm

Lora said...

You were worried about your babies-that's a momma's job and then God reminded you to "Cast your cares".
Glad you and the girls are turning the corner to healing!