Thursday, July 14, 2011

And it is now Audrey's turn.........

Audrey now has a broken arm.....seriously!!! She broke her arm Tuesday while going cheer/tumbling. We were trying to decide if she wanted to participate in the sport. She was just a "guest" at the class Tuesday. Apparently, she attempted a back bend without assistance. The teacher had just turned her back. Thankfully, I was there (I guess??). I did not see it happen, which I am also thankful for, but was able to get her to the ER quickly. She broke her right radius and ulna (I think I have the names of those bones right!!!). It really was scary. The attending PA at the ER had us prepared for surgery. They called in Dr. Blair (who happens to be our new BFF). He decided he wanted to attempt to reset it first. So, Caleb stayed in the room with her....he's the strong parent....while Dad, Laurie and I waited int he waiting room (so thankful Dad and Laurie came. Thinks just seem better when your dad is around, ya know??). Also, Dad and Laurie brought us a portable DVD player and movies for Audrey to watch. You see, they could not reset it for sometime because of the severity of the breaks, they wanted her sedated to do the procedure and she had food/water on her tummy. Dr. Blair was able to "fix" it so that surgery was not required. He said he impressed himself! Ha! Audrey just has to take it easy and practically do nothing until Monday when she gets her cast. Bless her little heart!!

Our sweet friends Sally and Curt kept Abby for us. Actually, Sally offered to keep the girls in the afternoons for me because my regular babysitter is on vacation this week. So, Sally got my girls Monday after VBS. I went to pick them up from her house Monday afternoon and Abby burst into tears when she saw me. She didn't want to leave!! So, they spent the night with Sally (and her kids) Monday night and Abby ended up staying Tuesday night, too since we were at the ER until about 9:30. Well, Sally called me at 6 on Wednesday morning and told me that Abby had been throwing up since about 3!! Nice!! She and Curt were so nice as to not even call us in the middle of the night. Needless to say, we owe them BIG TIME!! So blessed and thankful for sweet friends.

Yesterday was just a great day for the Seney's!! Ha!! Truthfully, we are thankful for healthy children. This too shall pass.

Will update when Audrey gets her cast. She is already thinking of what color she wants.

Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't u sometimes wish the drama was just a little less??? always something! love those girls!

ajm