Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day from Audrey

Today Audrey's class had their Mother's Day program. So sweet!!! When we got their they had our plates fixed with cupcakes and mixed nuts. The kids then got our drink orders and delivered them to us. Together, the class wrote a poem about their moms. They read the poem to us. My sweet Audrey can be so shy. She stood with the class and read, but sort of hid behind her classmates. Wonder where she gets that from???! She is just like me! After they read the poem then we sat down and opened our presents. They had written and illustrated books for us. Audrey's book is about a time she and I snuggled in bed and watched "Alice in Wonderland." I was a little surprised because we did that a long time ago. Wow! Kids remember everything!! At least twice, I found myself tearing up. Good Lord I have become my mother!! It seems like she cried all the time at everything we did. I admit, I understand more and more the reasons my mom did the things she did.

Audrey and their poem

Audrey's book

I am such a blessed momma. God gave us two beautiful, smart and healthy girls. I just pray that I know what to do with these girls. What a huge responsibility!! I love them with all my heart!!!

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

Blessed you are with 2 precious baby girls. Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

she thinks you're coooool!!!! i saw it!!

ann