Thursday, May 19, 2011

Anniversary/Sick Kid/Shopping

First of all, I am having problems blogging lately. If I add pictures, I cannot always type above them. Usually it erases them and if it doesn't erase them, the words are underlined. Curious George. Anywho.....

Today is my sister and her husband's anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANN AND STEVE! The Seney's love you both so much! The whole James family just loves Steve. He fits in perfectly and he puts up with my sister...not an easy job (you know that is true, Ann)!!

So, we are going on our third day of Abby being home sick. She has tonsilitis. This is the 2nd time in the past couple of months she has had it. Our prediction is that she will have them out by this time next year. She really doesn't feel bad, though, thankfully. She has a hard time swallowing so she has been eating a lot of raman noodles. Caleb and I have been taking turns staying with her so we can each at least work half a day. Glad my job is flexible so that I can do that, but I will probably have to work a couple of hours Saturday to catch up.

Normally when the kids are sick, Caleb works in the mornings and i the afternoons so that I can have therapy sessions with my girls when they are done with school. Well, today I had already planned to take one of my girls shopping in Monroe. For the record, I normally DO NOT take the kids shopping, but I made an exception this time. This certain girl has been at "the home" for almost 3 years. She has done SO well. She is graduating from RHS next week and has won all kids of honors, awards, scholarships, etc..so, when she asked me to take her shopping for her "goodbye" with me (she is leaving next week), I really could not say no.

The first place she asked to go was TJ Maxx. I know everybody loves that store and always finds good deals and all that, but quite frankly that store scares me!! It is so overwhelming!! But, it wasn't about me, so we went. She really did find some cute things. Glad we went. While we were there, I of course looked at the kid's clothes. I found a cute swimsuit for Abby. It's a brand that I have bought in the past. Audrey had a suit by the same brand and it lasted forever. The best part is that it was only $5.99!! What a bargain. When I showed it to her she said, "Awwwww, I wish it were a Mikini!!" Silly child!


She loves to pose!!

She also loves her dog

2 comments:

Lora said...

Poor Abby--It's NO FUN to have such a sore throat! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to your sweet sister & bil!

Anonymous said...

thank you! poor baby!! ask her how jakey surf feels. i hope he's not sick too!!

ann