Thursday, June 4, 2009

RAVE, Level 4

I did not sleep good last night...I was worried and TERRIFIED about the big dance recital dress rehearsal. For those of you that do not know, the annual dance recital is a HUGE undertaking (mainly for the mothers). The thing that really terrified me was the "bun". Yes, all girls are to have their hair in a classical ballet style bun. In case you don't know, Audrey has a bob. Her hair is NOT very conducive to a bun. There were strict instructions...ALL HAIR OFF FACE AND NECK; NO FLY-AWAYS! I knew this called for the "big guns". That's right folks...RAVE Level 4.

Oh, the memories I have of the RAVE. The turquoise can, the nauseating smell. When I think of RAVE, I also think of my friend, LeeAnn. She and I both loved RAVE and used it religiously. The only section of our hair we used it on was our bangs. It is quite a talent to create the bangs we were able to create in high school. The two main tools needed were a curling iron and RAVE. The bangs moved in one big section!!

So, the other day I head to WalMart in search of RAVE. As I scanned the aisle, I got very nervous. Where was the familiar turquoise can?? I broke out in a small sweat thinking I may have to buy AquaNet. But then my eyes landed on it....RAVE. Apparently, the RAVE people are trying to keep up with the times by changing their bottle color to silver. They did not fool me!

This morning the bun was created. I don't think I have ever used so much hairspray in my life! When it was all over, Audrey said her hair felt like hay. Poor thing...she survived, though and that hair did not move all day!


On our way to rehearsal. I did not put her costume on yet because I was not sure she would fit in her booster seat with all the "business" involved with it.

PRECIOUS!!



Side view...yes that lace was part of the costume; not my idea
Because I feel like I have posted so much about Audrey lately, I decided to add a picture of both of my girls being silly (what they do best).








6 comments:

The Tylers said...

Was laughing out loud at that post! Audrey is absolutely BEAUTIFUL....seriously! Cannot wait to see the pics from the dance recital. She will do great!

Ann Miller said...

oh, dear! i just had flashbacks to emma's dance recital. did you use about 485 bobby pins?? emma would have blown up a metal detector! audrey looks precious. you are much better at hair than me. she went from bob to bun amazingly well...and w/the addition of the rave! bravo!! maybe we could get her some vavoom for volume!

adrian seney said...

Thanks, Suzanne!! Just wait, landry will be there before you know it! Ann, I totally forgot about the vavoom...good call!!

Lora said...

Do you say, "Break a leg" for a dance recital? Camille always HATED the long hair sessions!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I wish you had a picture of your mall bangs from back in highschool!

Lori said...

Great job on the bun! She looks precious!