Friday, September 12, 2008

GRUMPY BALLERINA

Well, there are no pictures of Audrey in her dance outift. First of all, I didn't have the camera before class. So, I planned on picking her up and then getting some pictures of her. On our way home I stopped for gas (not an easy task thanks to IKE). I couldn't use my debit card at the tank and had to go inside and pay, so Audrey had to come in with me. In case you don't know, a convenience store is NOT the place to take a 4-year-old sugar-loving kid. We were inside less than 5 minutes and I had to literally pick her up off the dirty floor and drag her to the car. She was MAD because I would not buy her sour gummy worms (yuck!!!).

She whined most of the ride home. We were just about to pull in the drive way and she asked me if I could "bang" my car again. (Someone hit me while driving a couple of weeks ago and I was driving a mini-van rental while my car was being repaired). I said "No, we do not want to have another wreck." She then said with big tears rolling down her face, "Please, Mom, I want the mini-van back." I am not kidding - she was seriously distressed that we no longer had the mini-van.

Fortunately, she cheered up before the end of the evening. Abby, on the other hand, was sweet as could be - probably because she hasn't mastered talking or manipulation yet. I know it's coming, though!!!


Happy Happy Baby!!!!!!





Happy Audrey (FINALLY)

5 comments:

Caleb Seney said...

What we've got here is a failure to communicate.. Some 4year olds you just can't reach... If its a "mini" she wants, well it's a "mini" she gets......I don't like it anymore than you moms do...(modified speech from Captain in Cool Hand Luke).

Lora said...

Aunt Lora would have bought the DELICIOUS worms for her-with a promise they had to wait until after supper-YEAH RIGHT! I do remember being a Mom!

Elisha Leigh said...

I'm so proud of you for not giving in. :) "She'll be better off for it later"!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hey, maybe you should get a mini van and paint flames down the side!

The Tylers said...

your bsbies are absolutely darling!!!