Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day/Birthdays

Caleb and his girls


We had a good weekend. We spent time at the pool, time at home and time with family! Audrey and Abby went to the Princess Peach Pageant with their LiLi to cheer on cousin, Madeline. They had a great time!

Sunday I volunteered to help out with the 3 year-olds at church. Normally, Caleb and I are in the 5th and 6th grade class, but are taking a break this summer. Wow! By the time church was over, I needed a nap!! I applaud the people that can do that every week. Twelve 3 year-olds wore me out!!!

Caleb had to work for a while on Sunday (a new camp started). Late afternoon, we went to Dad and Laurie's house for a little Father's Day/Birthday celebration. Yesterday was my dad's birthday and also in the month of June his brother, Noel and their cousin, Faye celebrate birthdays. So, we had cake and ice cream to celebrate.Audrey and Abby with their Poppa


Aunt Lora and sweet baby Julia (Andrew and Ashley's baby)

Dad and Uncle Noel with their cousin, Faye

Abby, cousin Madeline and Audrey eating birthday cake

Audrey and Abby with Honey


Going out to Poppa and Honey's house is such an adventure for the girls. Their house is almost like a museum with all their art work!!! They have lots of stuff that the girls can look at, but not necessarily touch!! Also, they are so impressed with the bathtubs. They sink down. Growing up in this house, I never really thought about the tubs being different. Now that I am a parent, all I can think about is how hard it would be to bathe children in those tubs!! I guess your perspective changes over time!

Playing in the tub

Although the house is similar to a museum, Poppa and Honey ALWAYS have toys and books on hand for the kids to play with. They really do love going out to their Poppa and Honey's house.

Audrey and Honey working on an activity book (cousin Amanda is in the background)

See, it's like arts and crafts time!! (cousin Elisha is joining in on the fun; sorry, Dad, guess I caught you off guard! :)

Siblings (Uncle Noel, Aunt Carol and Dad)


Caleb and I ended the day by going to see "Super 8." Caleb described it as a cross between Goonies and ET. It was a pretty good movie. Caleb chose the movie because it was his day. I wasn't sure I would like it, but I did!! We had a good time together.

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad y'all had fun. and, that you are learning to use your new camera...we'll expect more regular posts!!

love love