Thursday, October 20, 2011

So, Ive been out of town....

I just got back in town yesterday.  I left Sunday to go to Baton Rouge for a conference/training.  I missed my family, but Caleb did AWESOME!!  He's just a great dad.  So blessed to have him!

I have a couple of contract jobs that I do.  One is for Pine Hills Child Advocacy Center.  I am a forensic interviewer, which means I interview kids that have been sexually abused/assaulted and/or physically abused.  I have been doing this since 2006.  On Monday and Tuesday morning an expert in the field came to Baton Rouge to train interviewers from across the state.  The training was really good.  I think I have conditioned myself to not let what I hear/see bother me.  We had to watch some interviews from my peers and watch one the trainer brought.  WOW!!!  It was really tough.  Especially seeing interviews of children that are the same age as my kids.....REALLY TOUGH!

That was followed by 3 hours of ethics training!!  BORING!  How do you make that interesting??!!

I decided that since I would not be at work M-T-W why should I go Thursday or Friday??  Friday the kids get out of school early, so we will have the afternoon to play.  This morning Abby's class went to the Townsend House pumpkin patch and then to the Arbor Assisted Living facility to sing and I tagged along.  Fun times!  I"ve included a couple of pictures of the field trip.

No comments: