Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Claus

This is the first year that Audrey asked to go see Santa. Up until now, she was afraid of him. We have pictures of Christmas' past where both girls are screaming in Santa's lap. Well, this year was different. Audrey did great. She talked to him and told him what she wanted.

Big girl! Not at all afraid
Abby also sat on Santa's lap. She did not talk to him, though. She was a little bit afraid, but did not cry. She had "puppy" with her for comfort. She loves that little thing with all her heart.
She looks a little bit afraid.
Later on that day, I heard Audrey and Abby playing. Audrey was sitting in her rocking chair acting like Santa and Abby was in her lap. This is what I overheard:
Santa (aka Audrey): "What would you like for Christmas, little girl?"
Little Girl (aka Abby): "I want a chicken."
Santa: "A real chicken or a pretend chicken?"
Little Girl: "A real one!"
Santa: "I can't handle that!"
Little Girl: "Okay, then I want it baked."


4 comments:

The Tylers said...

cute pictures and I love the story!! They are soooo precious and I hope y'all have a great trip to Mexico!!!

Lora said...

TOO FUNNY---A chicken to bake for Christmas!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Baked chicken...ha!

Ann Miller said...

that abby...such a health nut!!