Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a great, busy weekend. Too bad I don't have any photos to prove it. I either take WAY too many pictures, or none at all. This weekend it was none. Oh, well.

Friday night the girls spent the night with Uncle Drew, Aunt Ashley and the girls. Andrew sent me a text at 7:30 Saturday morning and asked if Audrey could have a 3rd donut.....sure, that is what dental insurance is for, right?

Saturday the four of us went to Bossier and hung out with the Seney family. It was only slightly scary. Kidding! We had fun. Audrey and Abby love playing with their cousins, Megan and Jackson.

Sunday, we went to see "Annie" at the Dixie with Aunt Ashley, Madeline and LiLi. Again, a great time. The only drawback is my sore hand. I injured my hand from hitting mom (LiLi) every time she tried to join in and sing. I love you, Mom and you have a good voice, but you singing loudly in public is still hard for me. Just a lot of flashbacks to my childhood. The only thing that would have made it worse would have been if she were taking pictures with a polaroid. You know that noise, don't you. Quick side note....we always knew mom was at one of our functions when it was quiet in the AEP multipurpose room and then the LOUD noise of her polaroid. At least she was there, right? LOVE YOU, MOM!!

Last night I took Abby, Audrey and Audrey's friend Sophia to the RHS Bearcat Belles Style Show. We met Aunt Ashley, Madeline and Julia there. Julia is only 6 months, but it is never too early to attend your first style show. Our babysitter, Mrs. Shelly's daughter, Emily is a Belle and we loved watching her. Fun times!! At the end, the Belles performed to "Tootsie Roll". I am certain my girls were the only kids in the place familiar with that tune. We decided that the Belles doing the Tootsie Roll was just a tad different from the version Caleb taught our girls.

Happy week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mom probably thought she was at the wildwood express